Community Partners

Now Accepting Green Team Project Proposals.

Deadline February 26th, 2016.

2016 Green Team Project Application Form

Watch our NEW 60 second video to learn how Green Team partnerships work:
Green Team Partner Recruitment Video

Benefits to Community Partners

Community Partners are eligible to receive funding and assistance from the Conservation Corps associated with hiring youth to work on their proposed community project. For projects accepted under the Green Team Program the Conservation Corps will:

  • provide assistance and advice for setting up your project;
  • hire a Regional Supervisor to be the main liaison between you and the Conservation Corps -- this person will oversee your project as well as other projects within a particular geographical region of the province;
  • hire youth from the local area to form a Green Team;
  • provide training and orientation for the Regional Supervisor and the Green Team;
  • help identify and ensure that the Green Team receives project-specific training;
  • administer the wages and benefits for the Regional Supervisor and Green Team;
  • be responsible for all personnel matters throughout the summer including hiring, discipline and evaluation;
  • provide funding for 85% of Green Team costs (wages, benefits, training & travel).

Community Partner Funding

The cost of running a Green Team project is approximately $24,000 (2011-2012 figures). Successful Community Partners must commit 12.5% of this cost ($3,000) as well as materials and supplies needed for the project; the Conservation Corps, with financial support from the Department of Human Resources, Labour and Employment provides the other 87.5% ($21,000). In the Corporate Green Team program, business partners sponsor their own Team or support one in an otherwise unfunded community project.

Application Criteria For Community Partners

The Conservation Corps searches for projects that meet the following criteria; involve the enhancement, restoration and sustainable development of natural or cultural resources; provide young people with an opportunity to develop leadership, teamwork and employment skills; and demonstrate broad community / regional support and partnerships. Successful projects are those that provide opportunities for teamwork, creative thinking and problem solving and which contribute to long-term sustainable development in the region. Participants should gain solid skills through meaningful community work. Community partnerships and contributions are important as well, and are taken into account when reviewing proposals.

To Apply

Complete Green Team Project Proposal Form and mail, email or fax all requested information to the address below. Application deadline is the last day of February each year. 

The Green Team Project Proposal Application can be found here. Please submit your proposal application electronically! 

2016 GT Project Application Form


Note: Adobe Reader is required to open and complete the application.
Adobe Reader can be downloaded here for free.

For more information contact: 
Megan Stuckless
Programs Director
Suite 103, 10 Austin St.
St. John's, NL A1B 4C2 
Tel: (709) 729-7279 
Fax: (709) 729-7270